Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: New Mac Pro for photo editing? Also whisk[e]y. -DAS
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 18:13:14 +0100 (BST)
References: <ADC2DD37-8B1D-4857-9FC9-45C2109BB099@ameritech.net> <76962956-DCEF-4040-917C-21736972812A@acm.org> <2B0CBFCD-D2FD-4967-B7D2-4D04D251A933@btinternet.com> <1DF9037C-4ADE-4472-87DB-3597C92B81D3@gmail.com> <DF4388FA-BFD4-4896-9318-E352C9381D1B@btinternet.com> <CAJ4y7gyJFM_p2uahpYUnNcVXKUeMMDw8dhbKdPmJ+c=G34TCsw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJj7xs8kV9_Cw=jEjScEsoSAY46GNokePjaznddHyJohRi-_8A@mail.gmail.com> <1396540280.3519.YahooMailNeo@web87701.mail.ir2.yahoo.com> <029F43E7-90D0-4444-93FD-C9A631F2E1F8@gmail.com>

There isn't an Apple store anywhere near here.
I did talk at length to Apple support people before cancelling my order for
the new Mac Pro. They understood why I was disappointed with Mavericks but
could only confirm that, yes, this was a feature which had been removed from
OSX in the new Mavericks update. They did not know why nor could they let me
know if mine was a common complaint and one which may be addressed in a
future update.
I now have no backup of my contacts list and diary (except on Apple's
servers, I suppose) and neither the diary nor contacts list on my main
computer are useable any more, just that on my phone.
It is a major PITA to upgrade back to OSX 10.8, but I may still do it.

Frank D