Subject: [Leica] [MUGers] Nocti questions
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Gmail)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:41:17 -0700
References: <C3B24BE3-4B0D-414C-99DC-FF5A1C0B70BC@bex.net> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9E6972A08@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <8380482B-FE37-4498-ADB4-B6D65932CC3F@bex.net> <CAE3QcF5uye2LpfKk2kyQ1mv6c9Nit_HXnYe5ret=zUNrxAh2jg@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1Ch9SCbT2Rgz2UpWdO=m598Eu=3jdpyrZOE8R5SMuRAQQ@mail.gmail.com> <92CEAF4E-DDAF-49EB-B609-019098D2740C@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1AEfJ9qp5p_6u_OhALaL5Lx8pBpx7pbCOzV6URbbptB9A@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4PEBy+cKzF8v3k7cNaxTGhNOKxy7yFKT5Xc9VmQMXNZCQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1ArMk5Ro4p6WgBV-6X5RFYv8Gp_ofXDX3cFHNk_MBQ+qw@mail.gmail.com>

Agree with Tina on the EVF. With lenses like the Noct on the M, I prefer
using focus assist mode, in which the center patch is magnified. Precision
focus on the M can be done with peaking, but the peaking is hard to see and
painfully slow and annoying to use. The Olympus OMD peaking, on the other
hand, is fast and fun to use, but I have found that I can still achieve
better focus with the magnified patch.

Sent from my iPhone

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] [MUGers] Nocti questions)
Message from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] [MUGers] Nocti questions)