Subject: [Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:01:18 +1000

Assuming that the camera and lens are calibrated correctly, this really
comes down to what you shoot and how you do it.
Shoot at longer distances or stopped down more and you may never see a
concern. The same for wide open if your technique is good and the
adjustments good. If you shoot around f/4 a lot and in closer (as I do a
lot) it certainly is a consideration. My new model 35 proved to be well out
of adjustment from new yet I never saw this until I started to use it in
more critical scenarios. It is now adjusted perfectly and is a real joy to
use. From wide open (not often) to stopped well down I just don't think
about this focus shift in my normal use now.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman