Subject: [Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:47:19 -0700

It depends, do you need "logical" reasons to just have spent $10K+?

If so, YES, they are so much better than the inferior glass of the old,
it's not even funny. They are the epitome of design and manufacturing,
taking advantages of the latest computer technology and the genius of the
Leica designers drawing upon 100 years of experience, plus the best glass
types that the world has ever seen.

However, if you do not need to justify anything, then they are great glass
and surely won't make more than 5% difference by objective measures.