Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lavash
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:07:24 -0500

Yes, you are all right!  Mehrdad corrected me.  That is not Lavash in the
photo but Taftoon.  The American ex-patriots who lived in Iran in the
1970's tended to refer to all of the flat breads as Lavash, but there was a
wide variety of flat breads and they were all different.  Lavash is much
thinner, like a cracker.

They are all delicious when eaten hot, right out of the oven.  I've tried
making my own, but you really need a wood-burning oven to get the taste
right.  We will have one in the backyard by next year, I hope!

Tina