Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lavash
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 08:48:26 -0600

On Mar 2, 2014, at 9:12 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> Looks like what we call a "Naan"

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:57 AM, Tina Manley <images at comporium.net>
> wrote:
>> PESO:
>>
>> This is the kind of bread we used to get in Iran all the time.  It is
>> baked
>> on hot rocks and you sometimes find a rock in the bread.  You have to eat
>> it hot, right out of the oven, and it is delicious!
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/image/154677476

In researching Lavash recipes
most seem to suggest that it's like a cracker, extremely thin

whereas Naan seems to be more like a flat bread

The bread in Tina's photograph does appear more like Naan
than the cracker thin product referred to in most recipes
and sold in our super markets and ethnic market.

As a fellow baker what's your take on this Tina?

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com