Subject: [Leica] The latest about Photo ethics in a war zone
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 08:00:17 +0800
References: <6150690D-D9EA-439B-A517-1EA372772562@gmail.com> <CAAsXt4MmCOwPLnRvnFyfeDzcf0VCsruU-93qVLo-vYyyJRAboA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6S-eDKsw1DfTtVzKNEFx0=hVO6T0J7Oo-m86OBLE-CvQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh7dEAxM+xw6ug7mQRn50jb0BoRY4Du_bhNuCVkk5c6CsA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFuU78fd8a0NUN7L8y4qL=r2Qw9L_asfKO3R=1jhCnXU8Wnquw@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1BTjvvbSS64NXXB-7UNxNwZ2UmN0J+kGg3TYAN0Gr5TgA@mail.gmail.com>

Yes, I heard a talk by the (Times) editor whose story is by and lrge
similar to the Wiki article. So the source may have been from the same
person(s), but at east I can confirm that an ex-editor spoke to a hall of
several hundreds of people and looked them into the eyes and repeated those
stories.

If you have seen the sequence of the flag raising movie - it lasted just a
few seconds, they were not being slow about it - you will know why
Rosenthal wasn't sure that he got the shot, and why it really does deserve
to be one of the greatest photos.