Subject: [Leica] Leica Yearbook/Camera User Group
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:45:53 -0700
References: <8B8EFD07-7B9B-41E7-AA2E-E442370BB2ED@gmail.com> <52D030FE.70706@photoneal.com> <CA+yJO1BPXjK1ip5Wws9wugje=eCR29=miOoLCF2WA=wgQcMaGA@mail.gmail.com> <755352C5-CBC3-463F-802E-264A3DD7D806@mac.com> <CAE3QcF7LCZhbQO-pbbJYS8g-L7B9tF1P2Rmq_i1UPHA_Zw2aOQ@mail.gmail.com> <0630F035-2253-4B6B-A6D4-5D03EBE0FF94@gmail.com> <CAE3QcF5LSTiK-hgejBqo3+HvX3wNZAn+nageicXHTBOJJXWRuQ@mail.gmail.com> <52D07BEC.8040701@csdco.com> <CAE3QcF5mNLMPWARyk6DoX3uHp82x3NA__pra_bc0N2-C20wb7Q@mail.gmail.com>

Geoff,

Those photos were Sinar, now hopefully counting as Leica. However, the S2
did
get some pretty good use this fall in the University of Colorado Art Museum
in a
graduate seminar taught by two Classics Department professors, where the
students used it to photograph ancient coins to aid with identification, and
be used in the museum's image database. It's now going to be used to photo
the
remaining couple of thousand coins there. I've been playing with the Leica
image
shuttle tethering software in that regard and it's pretty good, and
recognizes
an Hasselblad HC macro lens through the Leica adaptor and controls aperture
and
auto-focus just fine, and used in conjunction with Adobe Bridge, gives
almost
instantaneous image review on a computer monitor.

Best,

John