Subject: [Leica] Noctilux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:32:02 -0500

For many years on the earlier LUG the idea was brow beaten into us that a
Noctilux as only good at f1. To use it at any other f stop EVER; was ill
advised... Was foolish. The results would look like a sows ear.
Then came a time. The time of Noctilust. A time when it seemed a bunch of us
ran into some money and we experienced NOCTILUX stacking on the tables of
neighborhood bars and bars in far off places where the LHSA were meeting
And we used the lens for all occasions and situations the lens barely ever
coming off the camera body. (as it coast 3.5 usd in 2001)
And we discovered that when we shot a pic with a Noctilux at f8 no one died.
And no one asked for their money back. No one pointed at the image blown up
as big as a house with a Leica projector and glass and exclaimed with
horror.
As with iso 400 film that's what happens when the sun comes out. Most of the
M's peaked out at 1000th of a second and be there
.
I used to carry a dark green filter with me and use it when it was not all
that dark out.