Subject: [Leica] Used 1.2 Nocti
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 14:04:28 -0500

There's a gloriously well used 1.2 Nocti up for bids at the usual place,
item # 2254682. I am actually for one in the rough condition that it's in,
provided that it's optically and mechanically functional. It would make a
good match for my equally brassed and bonked M5, and presumably useful on my
M9 as well.

Trouble is, I wanted a user f/1 rather than 1.2 both because of the faster
f/ ratio and because I don't want to pay a premium for a rare lens. I am not
in the market for anything near what the seller is asking in this case, but
I'd like to solicit opinions on a reasonable figure to offer and on the
wisdom of buying from a seller (albeit putatively with lots of good
feedback, whatever that's worth) in the Czech Republic.

If this request is out of bounds after Friday, I apologize, but I figured
it's OK because I'm not trying to sell something. Feel free to answer
off-list.

Thanks to all.

?howard

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Used 1.2 Nocti)