Subject: [Leica] printer question
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:47:53 -0800

Bill

Sorry for the delay.  Christmas and all.  Ho, Ho, HO

I just move the heads out of park, like you were changing a cartridge.  I
can now see the park position and the foam pad.  I take a long dropper filed
with Windex and then saturate the pad.  Then return the heads to the park
position and turn the printer off.  Let it set an hour or over night or 24
hours or whatever, depending on how bad the clog is.  When done fire it up
and test the nozzles.  If all is OK, I usually take a piece of paper towel
on a long cotton swab and soak out most of the Windex from the pad.

On some printers, you cannot access the park position easily.  Sometimes,
when in the cartridge change position, I would just pull the plug on the
printer, and then you could slide the head out of the way.  Or let the
printer start printing, and when the print head is in the far position, yank
the plug and it will stay there for you to access the foam pad.

Repeat if it does not clear the clog.  I remember with those three month
Epson clogs it took quite a few applications before the head would work
fine.

Aram