Subject: [Leica] Some Somy A7R sample with M lenses
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 16:11:10 -0500

The Zeiss people at Zeiss Day here a couple of weeks ago deny its a
retrofocal design like a traditional wide angle Zeiss. They seem to have
gone "Kodak" with their naming using paper names to name slide projectors
and so on. Any name which sells the most gets used on the next product
regardless on what that might be.

I also think it would tricky to incorporate a retrofocal design into a
normal focal length lens. A retrofocal design  is in effect looking through
a telescope backwards. How to get a normal outa that?