Subject: [Leica] Some Somy A7R sample with M lenses
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:39:53 -0800

> The Zeiss people at Zeiss Day here a couple of weeks ago deny its a
> retrofocal design ...

I'm not a pro on optical design, but this is what Zeiss literature says:
http://www.paulroark.com/Otus-Design.JPG

With respect to wide angle optics, the retrofocus design minimizes the
color shifts and light falloff.  I suppose you can apply this concept even
to a 55 mm lens.  On the flip side, with respect to the Sony AR, they are
calling even the 35mm a "Sonar."  I guess the names are just becoming so
much nonsense.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Some Sony A7R sample with M lenses)