Subject: [Leica] Paper for b&w printing
From: scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:36:15 -0400

Jay I would be interested to know your thoughts concerning quality of the
3000 Epson and the results you are achieving with your mono inks.
Is there much conversion that needs to happen to the printer to get it going
mono?
Also I'm looking to replace my old 2200 Epson and I've been using the Image
Print Rip with the 2200.
Last I checked with Image Print in Florida they suggested going with the
3880 since it was more of a professional build than the 3000 and which they
told me was giving some issues early on. Perhaps those issues have been
corrected though? Anyway I'd rather spend in the area of the 3000's price
range for what I do. And I'm not really too keen on shelling out the amount
of $$$ Image Print wants for a Rip these days, even though it is a good
product. So part of my question is are you printing your Leica black and
white photos on the 3000 using the paper profiles from the manufacturer or
are you in fact using a Rip?
Thanks for your thoughts!

Scott