Subject: [Leica] Gompas (Monasteries)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:11:29 +0200

Great shots again Jayanand,

Particularly fascinating for anyone (like me) who has
read Kipling's "Kim" (and his other novels and short
stories about India), and a fantastic factual book by
Peter Hopkirk about "The Great Game - On Secret Service
in  High Asia". They add an extra dimension of colour
and atmosphere to reading.

Cheers
Douglas

BTW: The Great Game, although written about espionage,
subterfuge and betrayal in the times of Victorian
England and Tsarist Russia, also reveals that
Afghanistan has not changed even the tiniest bit since
then.