Subject: [Leica] in-COMMUNICATION PROJECT
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:00:39 -0700

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for sending this.  I prefer the first as it looks normal and natural
as I have shot similar type scenes on colour film and a few digital and my
preference was always a similar looking image as the first.

No. 2 image appears completely over processed or worked over if it were done
in the darkroom. If it were possible in olden days darkroom?

I suppose my negative feelings about iphones is due to the millions using
them without a clue about photography and holding them in the worse possible
shaking camera situations.  But then you see a photographer first and
foremost handling an iphone and he or she captures amazingly beautiful photo
situations under some of the wildest lighting situations possible!

I think the iphone camera  aspects will only become far superior as our
Leica's and all kinds of cameras have over the years. And as so many people,
I mean photographers first, iphone user second professional shooter's see
what they can do with the iphone it will become a workhorse in the hands of
many professionals of the  future.

Oh maybe in a few years and my right shoulder replacement returns to normal
I'll sell a bunch of regular camera bits and piece and begin a new era of "
A senior citizens iphone photo album? " ;-)  Besides I'm not going until I'm
a 100 years old in any event, so that gives me 15 more years to learn how to
play with an iphone! ;-)

cheers,
ted