Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 06:02:47 -0400

Its not an issue that "some day a sensor will come along which will allow me
to skip raw" any more than "someday  a pair of roller skates will come along
with will allow me to sell my car".
"this film is so good I'm going to sell my darkroom and just bring it to
Walgreens!" not going to happen.
There is no correlation between sensor quality and your basic workflo.
Or the need to even have a workflo.
A better sensor makes for better raw files to work from. End of story.
If your settling for jpegs right out of the camera unless they really look
bad to you all I can say is I strongly disagree with that approach. A non to
minimal workflo approach.
Especially as to the sophistication  of gear you and many on the list use.
It strikes me that if we are going to use high end rarified  gear we should
care as much about our images as the gear we walk around with and tout so
highly.

But on the lists I have long learned that there is no correlation between
the money and care people spend on gear and the amount they care about their
final images.

Other than the correlation running to: the more you guys spend on rarefied
gear the least you care about your final results.
That right about sums it up.

I'll  take a beginner shooting with a cheap camera and lens who takes their
time to Photoshop, not Lightroom their images any day. A kind who would
never shoot a jpeg if his life depended on it.