Subject: [Leica] Leica Mini M
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 21:18:24 -0400

What Leica has done with with this amazing for an old and conservative
company teaser page is usurped the rumor pages. A very smart thing.  When a
head company can create its own rumors we know they're in control: and
they're really not stupid rumors.
Letting our imaginations fly before the unboxing as I see it is nothing less
then brilliant. A nice indication of where Leica has arrived to at this
juncture.

If I was running Leica I'd do anything to have our new product usurped by
the rumor page leak mindset.

A Leica is  a camera which needs to be with you and  not mainly left at
home. A smaller size form which rally in essence is where Leica has come
from and really lives does that.

On 5/28/13 4:59 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> No hints from my dealer Richard. I actually know the head folks in Leica
> Australia personally too but they sure won't ever leak on new product
> announcements. Quite rightly so too.
> I do believe that a (real?) photo has leaked now on a rumour site though? I
> suspected that people were reading way too much into the teaser ads,
> myself. Based on past public info I doubt that they would have any capacity
> or desire for a new interchangeable AF lens range myself nor would a
> cheaper "M" make sense for them. I think the reasoning behind having a
> cheaper smaller M is flawed in any case.
>

> *Breathe in, breathe out, move on* -- Jimmy Buffett
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 29 May 2013 00:00, Richard Taylor <r.s.taylor at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> No hints from your dealer, then?  Sad.
>>
>> Dick
>>

>> On May 27, 2013, at 11:39 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>>
>>> Well I would bet beer against a rebadged Fujifilm camera with an M mount
>> ;-)
>>> Guessing is fun. Not long until the 11th. I am going to stay out of the
>> web
>>> groups for a few days from then ;-)
>>>

>>> *Breathe in, breathe out, move on* -- Jimmy Buffett
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff