Subject: [Leica] PESO: RG Lewis and Leica M frustrations
From: jkfyao at gmail.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 20:56:37 +0800

I would not call Leica a 'jewellery' business.  Jewellery is something
purchased to be treasured.  Leica is more like a gift business nowadays -
Leica products are commonly bought as gifts to be given to business
acquaintances, and the 'His & Hers' combo sells very well:

His: Leica M9/M9P + Noctilux 50/0.95
Hers: Leica X1/X2

This explains the scarcity of the Noctilux 0.95 in many markets.

BTW, the Leica ME (Type 220) has been discontinued.  It sold poorly in
China.  The 'E' of the ME is perceived to be 'Economy', thus an insult to
the recipient of the camera.

Most of these gifts are, of course, never used.

Joseph