Subject: [Leica] Adobe kills Creative Suite – all future features online only • The Register
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 08:34:01 +0530

Typical Adobe behaviour and pricing. The power of monopoly in full flow!
They really are one of the few general market consumer software companies
that can get away with this sort of predatory pricing and behaviour. I
remember propagating the view during the endless debate on Canon/Nikon not
openly publishing their proprietary RAW data so that Adobe could design a
better Camera RAW, that the real danger was Adobe, not the camera
manufacturers, because they are a monopoly, and that is always the most
dangerous type of entity for end users. Now that axiom is coming home to
roost. I really do not understand why anybody would want to even more
firmly get into their clutches by using DNG (unless unavoidable, i.e.
Leica).
Cheers
Jayanand