Subject: [Leica] A perfect match: M8 sensor and 50mm?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 08:09:00 +1000

Hi Jean-Michel. The M8 and the M9 do apply corrections towards the edges
for vignetting effects. The amount varies according to the lens mounted.
The corrections affect both the natural vignetting and that introduced by
using a sensor with such a short flange difference (with those lens
designs).
So you might see exposure differences in those parts of the image. However
sharpness is not affected and there is not more information to process. It
is just down to lens characteristics and focus.
Of course the M9 has to work harder in that respect since the M8 is
effectively cropping off the edges. But both cameras certainly work very
well with wides and looking at the results printed large is a real
pleasure. Here are a couple of shots with each camera. You might recognise
the first location.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/145655432
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/129099950
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/134209400
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/110354253

*stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman