Subject: [Leica] Gun Control
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:00:09 -0500

The intent of the founding fathers of this nation is here:

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,
deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That
whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it
is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute
new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing
its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect
their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that
Governments long established should not be changed for light and
transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that
mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than
to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are
accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing
invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under
absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off
such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

I get a bit choked up every time I read that.

Phil Forrest