Subject: [Leica] A plea to reduce the OT threads
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 23:02:10 -0800

Geoff OFFERED:
"Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:25 PM

> Please folks the LUG is a happier place when we avoid emotive and divisive
> topics . Post pictures, talk photography and cameras.
> We are a diverse international group and inevitably there is a range of
> views, attitudes and experiences.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And rightly so! We have all had our tragic times in real life, without that
of the internet and news media.

We at least have had a moment in this case to express our feelings via the
internet. But they can not go on day after day simply because we are a
diverse group of like minded photographic oriented people. Not movers and
shakers of the world, nor in our own countries. I'm sure, not likely? As we
generally are just plain good folks who "bleed and cry together as a family
when a tragedy occurs!"

Not people who will likely change the world, nor the times in each of our
individual Nations! We re are just plain ordinary folks who have a passion
for photography!

Given the post about the Philippines? Why not offer a prayer or two or more
for the unfortunates who've lost their children, maybe a complete family, no
matter the count nor who? A prayer to help their grieving as we've done the
past few days with ours?

I truly believe, with great respect and prayers offered due to the losses of
all! We should make an all out effort to return to our common bond!
"PHOTOGRAPHY!"  And carry on!  Thank you.

Kindest regards to all,
Dr. ted