Subject: [Leica] A plea to reduce the OT threads
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:25:39 +1000

Please folks the LUG is a happier place when we avoid emotive and divisive
topics . Post pictures, talk photography and cameras.
We are a diverse international group and inevitably there is a range of
views, attitudes and experiences.
I doubt that I'm alone in just turning off when the list seems to go off
the rails on occasion.
I just saw a news headline reporting that there are more than 1000
confirmed dead thus far from a Typhoon in the Philippines, yet there are
not 50+ posts  on that tragedy here. Nor should there be.
Brian provides an alternative free forum as has been linked here recently.
Have at it there.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman