Subject: [Leica] Gitzo 2227 problem: loose leg at tripod head
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 15:50:55 -0800

Look at the diagram.....

Middle of page, more or less, assembly # D09512.28

Look for part "A".
That bolt with the allen head ( hex indentation) is the one that holds you
legs to the tripod, and controls tension to the legs. There is a hex head on
both sides of the leg.

This is the screw you tighten very carefully to tension the legs.....

Is this the part of the tripod you are having trouble with?

Maybe I should start from the top.....
Does the picture I sent look like your tripod?  If you can not tell from the
part diagram, go look the tripod (2531) up on the gitzo site and compare to
yours, at least roughly.....    Does it match ( pretty much)....
Do you have the 3 screws identified above on your tripod legset?  Are any of
these missing?
These 3 screws hold the legs to the rest of the assembly.
If this is not the case, try again to explain what is happening...

Gitzo ( and others) loose legs are ALWAYS caused by these screws getting a
tiny bit loose (TINY BIT!!!!)

Where are you located?  Los Angeles?  Other USA? Other other?

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net