Subject: [Leica] Gitzo 2227 problem: loose leg at tripod head
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 23:25:55 -0500

Bring it in, let the service person fix it. Gitzo's are not a simple tripod.
This model you have is much less simple.  You'd not be the first person who
got a bit of pro help in tuning up a Gitzo's tripod. In the pre Manfrotto
days we had a guy in Portland who worked at Citizens photo who could teach
you some tips and fix the thing as you watched. And there was a special
wrench which was good to have which was made by Gitzo.   I just came upon
mine the other day.
Manfrotto  has improved the French tripods immeasurably but but the are not
simplified.

It used to be just some muddy water was enough to mess up your lighteners
and taking them apart and putting them together is not a thing everybody
could do. Only in the past year or so has Gitzo come out with a special
"waterproof" model.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography