Subject: [Leica] Tape backup? time for a pic?
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:39:31 -0800

You can't read old PATA, DMA33 hard drives easily any more either. So no
matter what one chooses, one needs to make sure that the container can be
accessed. If it looks like the technology or format will go away, then copy
the content to the latest and greatest version.

So tape "expected lifetime" is 30 years, I don't think anyone can claim
that for hard drive tech.

--

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Tape backup? time for a pic?)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Tape backup?)