Subject: [Leica] Leica 35 - 70 R Vario Elmar and Nikkor 24 - 70 2.8G comparo
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 10:23:53 -0800

Thanks Howard.  What focal length was used?

On casual observation, they both look very similar.  Up close (1:1) there is
a real difference when looking at the bark on the two trees in the
foreground.  80 is considerably sharper than 81.  Same on the trees on the
sides of the frame.  This does not show up on the treeline in the distance.
Since you used liveview for focus, presumably on the same point, I can rule
out focus difference.

so, when are you going to tell us which shot was with which lens?

Do I finally scrap my 35-70/4 and get the Nikon beast?

Aram