Subject: [Leica] So, wouldn't a 50mm Summicron LTM or 35mm f2 ASPH LTM be the best enlarging lens on earth?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:17:26 -0500

The V2 rigid or DR Summicrons (same lens optically) would be the best
but they are still not optimized for flat field enlargement. You'd get
a fantastically sharp center but towards the corners, your focus would
fall off. This isn't that big of a deal projecting onto a 35mm frame
but would be greatly exaggerated using the lens for enlargements.
Stopped down, you could get past this effect but by then diffraction
would degrade your image. Better to use a real enlarging lens or
possibly a Leica macro if you want to experiment.

Phil Forrest