Subject: [Leica] can you answer this question?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:07:48 -0500

Yes it can make prints 14 x 21".
As can any camera. The question is are you going like looking at them.
The answer would be "who knows" but also in comparison to a whole lot of
other cameras of about the same size and weight and even price side by side
the results would be severely wanting.  You'd not be liking what you're
seeing.
14 x 21' is not a big print its a very big print.  A print size few causal
photographers ever go near. Its gallery size about the same size as 16x20.
My printer an Epson R3000 cant even go that big. It goes to 13x19. Or longer
strips. A lot of serious photographers use 13 inch printers are are never
wanting.
I'd suggest to anyone with "14 x 21"" in mind to get a camera with at least
an APS-C sensor. If not full frame.
You want a very big print the smart thing would be to not get such as a
camera as  a d lux which has a very small sensor.
This is a thing which should be obvious to a person who has done a very
small amount of reading. Of looking into it.
It would be like buying a jar of garlic salt and applying for a job as head
chef at a top French restaurant.

This camera has a  1/1.7" sensor 7.6 x 5.4 mm
A diagonal of 9.5 mm.
So a normal lens for this camera is a 9.5 mm lens. the size of my pinky
fingernail just measured it.
Super 8 is 7mm 16mm is 13. That's movie film.
A  14 x 21" Print?
I'd say not half that size. Not a third.

I would suggest to this person that he do some basic reading.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography