Subject: [Leica] AN EVENING IN VANCOUVER! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:29:59 -0800

TO ALL THE CREW: :-) This is what it's all about........ PEOPLE GATHERING!
:-)

So many wonderful posts about the grand time by all in Vancouver with LUG
family and friends. :-) They are emotional gatherings for a huge number of
reasons. Uplifting, the smile at the first recognition of the person on the
other side of the screen. The fun babblefest of real time speech and
re-actions. The heart felt laughter!

We mostly joined the LUG as and because we are, or were, still am a Leica
User of some kind. Little did we realize what we actually did was join a
group of like minded human beings of professions, careers, experiences of an
incredible cross section of life on Planet Earth! Few sites have this type
of camaraderie and friendship building.

You've seen the pictures from Barcelona earlier this summer! Now Vancouver
that was an incredible fun time, learning from each other. But most
importantly "Getting to know each other "LIVE TIME" face to face!

Yep you can build a "screen-time friendship" many of us have done so and do
this with many others. By the same token maybe a poorly written or mis-read
post can have the opposite effect and re-action. Unfortunately!

But there isn't anything more wonderful than to build a connection with
others on the screen. Then? There you are standing face to face real-time
shaking hands that solidifies what we are really all about. Human beings who
like, enjoy, play and career time with photography tying us all together in
one fashion or another.

For many of the crew these gathering are not possible for any number of
reasons. However, we who have been of such good fortune to have shared face
to face time over the years? There's no moments like them! We may look like
a bit over enthusiastic about the gatherings. We're not! Simply because we
hope and trust all of you unable to attend will receive good vibes from the
pictures posted later. Possibly even making arrangements for a future
gathering where it's economically possible for you to come along and join
the crew party atmosphere as seen in the many photographs posted.

Right here I must offer a great big "THANK YOU" to our infamous SALOON
KEEPER. AKA Brien Reid for his on going operation of the gear that makes the
LUG a place of honour within the internet of the world.

To the many posts about and showing Dr.ted and the infamous photographer
salute. :-) I can only say. Thank you all for your kindness and friendship
in the past and that we once again have the opportunity to mingle, laugh and
exchange the stories only photographers create and are part of.

A GREAT BIG CHEERS CREW! Thank you all. :-)

Dr. ted
AKA ted ;-)

Replies: Reply from jon.streeter at cox.net (Jon Streeter) ([Leica] AN EVENING IN VANCOUVER! :-))
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] AN EVENING IN VANCOUVER! :-))