Subject: [Leica] Marty, shutter lag in digital M
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:43:11 -0800

Marty Deveney OFFERED:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty Deveney" <benedenia at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] Marty, shutter lag in digital M

>> Now that the digital M
>> cameras have long shutter-lag times even when compared to DSLRs, suddenly
>> we're hearing that shutter lag doesn't matter, that nobody notices it.
>> Really?  Nobody?  For capturing fleeting expressions in a portrait
>> session, nobody has noticed it?<<<<<<<<<<<

Marty Mon ami,
Absolute truth at this moment of reading your posts on Leica lag! And me
writing this.

The "lag as you describe" in my 50 plus years of using Leica range
finders/SLR's quite often several at the same time hanging off my body has
never ever entered one iota of a mille-second of my thoughts, concerns, nor
that it was even happening."  To prove my point good Sir, please look at my
webpage TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM and look at a few mille-second photos of
"ACTIONS!" That if you even thought about shooting the moment.... "YOU WOULD
MISS IT!"

You see I always figure, as with many other techie things I read on the LUG.
If you don't know anything about it?  ..........  YOU DON'T HAVE THEM
HAPPEN!  WHY?

Well yer far too busy shooting the action without wasting time slowing down
your own reflexes thinking about them, so this stuff just doesn't happen! :-)

Well OK I know I'm being a tad facetious. But, "What you don't know wont
hurt you!"

"SHOOT IT WITHOUT THINKING!"

The content of the moment is the most important always! And if you are
twittering your brain about some "lag thing?"  YOU WILL MISS THE CONTENT
MOMENT! May have something to do with my concept!"   "DON'T THINK! SHOOT IT!"

cheers,
Dr. ted