Subject: [Leica] OT: large format lens vs. medium format lens
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:06:26 +0100 (BST)

That is certainly not the case for everybody. A friend of mine who was,
IMHO, one of the best motor sports photographers of the 70s and 80s, now
retired, always selected any new lens he bought from Nikon personally. He
shot a couple of films and recorded the serial numbers of the lenses he
used. He selected the best lens after examining the negatives. All the
lenses had passed final inspection and were in spec but the best was
noticeably better than the average.
Since he was almost always using lenses wide open it was an important
difference.
Frank D

Replies: Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] OT: large format lens vs. medium format lens)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: large format lens vs. medium format lens)