Subject: [Leica] OT: large format lens vs. medium format lens
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:31:16 +0100

He was still doing it into the 80s and seeing differences. I first learned
that he did it in 1978 when he had just got a new 300mm f2.8.
I'd be astonished if there isn't still substantial sample variation,
particularly amongst multi element zooms and any lens with image
stabilisation. The likelihood of these -not- showing sample variation is an
engineering impossibility, the only question is how much variability and how
many lenses get into the market not up to scratch.
FD

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] OT: large format lens vs. medium format lens)