Subject: [Leica] At last, a LUG member with bona fides
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:28:50 -0700

When we came home from my son's wedding five years ago now (can it be???)
there was a tiny gray kitten sitting on the back porch as we unloaded the
cars. I hardened my heart: the kitten is NOT coming into the house. We
unloaded the car, closed the door to kitchen. Tiny meows ensued. Grew
louder. Heart breaking, we picked up the little gal and canvased the
neighborhood but no dice. No one knew anything about this lost kitty. A trip
to the vet for a check up and we suddenly had adopted a third kitty:
Leica-Foo.

Today she's probably wondering if she made a good choice. We had no doggies
at that time. Now we have a pair of cockapoos and Leica-Foo, who is
traumatically afraid of dogs, large or small, endures their presence. She
more haunts our house than lives in it. But she's a deft hunter catching
roof-rats, squirrels and (to our great sorrow) hummingbirds. She's a lap cat
only when one of us is sitting at our work stations - she then comes and
rests between our elbows, purring and needing affection. Well, what's not
give!

Adam