Subject: [Leica] More LR / Monochrom oddities.....
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 09:36:29 -0700

John McMaster OFFERED along with a few others:
Subject: Re: [Leica] More LR / Monochrom oddities.....

> Indeed, EXIF data shows up in M9info....

Hi Guys,

Don't take me as being a smart ass! I am working on a paper about all the
techie stuff of today, cameras of all kinds and levels, megabytes, computers
and apps and whatever else "fixie up things" we discuss here regarding Photo
equipment and connected items through electronics.

But "when you are talking about? EXIF and camera to camera, computers etc.?"
Does it really make any difference in the quality of the content of the
captured moment?  In other words? Does the photographer knowing and finding
out things appear to be different camera to camera, although similar
models????????  Make the content and composition of the photograph better?
Or worse?

And if a photographer owns one of these new cameras and doesn't know
anything about all the technical aspects you lads discuss. Are his/her
pictures going to be good, bad or ugly because he/she doesn't have a clue
what an EXIF is? Or most of the other points you find and discuss?

I suppose what I'm trying to determine is....... "if one pop's 8-9 grand for
a camera should you lads be finding these anomalies? Possibly indicating
something isn't correct after putting down $10 grand including taxes?

And knowing all this stuff? Does it make one a "better photographer at
capturing the magical moment?"

I suppose one might ask?  "Would Cartier Bresson have been a better
photographer if he knew he had all this new technical bits and pieces in his
Leica?"

thank you.

cheers,
Dr. ted