Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Sixties
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 18:56:24 -0400

My father has a big collection of those. He is retired from Verizon (he
actually spent most of his career with GTE, which merged with Atlantic
Bell to form Verizon right before he retired). He was a lineman and fiber
optics technician for 15 years and a regional construction manager for the
last 15 yrs he was with the company. Most of his are glass, but he has
some ceramic ones too. Many of them have the GTE logo molded into the
glass. This kind of equipment used by utility companies is still largely
made in USA, unlike most consumer goods.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook