Subject: [Leica] Software correection of abberations on MFT systems
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:19:58 -0700

With most lenses, raw material costs will truly be minor unless very special
glasses are used as in the f/1 Noctilux. Most glass is relatively cheap when
you consider the amounts used. Other raw materials are a few dollars. Costs
are due to design, manufacturing and especially testing and QC. Comparing a
24-70/2.8 for full frame and the 12-35/2.8 for m43, I doubt that raw
material costs differ by more than 10 or 20 dollars. That difference gets
magnified by an order of magnitude at list price, but is still a minor part.

Henning