Subject: [Leica] Software correection of abberations on MFT systems
From: alal at poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:36:29 -0400

It is good to know that distortions is corrected across makes, but not CA.
This was news to me, as you might have gathered from my post.  We shall have
to wait and see about 3rd party lenses.

As for cost, a smaller format lens, ought to be cheaper, all else being
equal, simply because raw materials costs are lower to start with.  A price
of 50% of  an equivalent full frame 35mm sounds in line with expectations.
Of course, the selling price may not be directly related to cost of
manufacture.

BTW, I made no comment about DOF.