Subject: [Leica] Two M9 Sensor Cleaning Questions
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:27:36 -0700

Hi Bob,
(1) Yes.
(2) Have you tried gently blowing air on the sensor while holding the front
of the camera facing downward? I use one of those bulb cleaners. I also blow
out the chamber before opening up the sensor for cleaning.
Use of a wet swab (I use Eclipse) is tricky with the M, IMO, because you
need to be really careful not to touch the side of the chamber when sticking
the swab in to clean the sensor. If you touch a side of the chamber you can
easily pick up dirt/grease that can scratch/smear your sensor glass. I've
done it but it takes 2 or three times (new swab each time) for most grease
spots...
Good luck,
Bob

Sent from my iPad