Subject: [Leica] Pure Sealed Dairy #1
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 05:13:59 -0400

LOL, the barns were in better shape! I actually have an awesome photo of
the attic in the main barn, but I have to hunt up the neg so I can scan
it. It was so dark in the barn that I used a 5 minute exposure! This shot
of the house was easier to shoot.

I let the dark shadows in the house structure go black so I could make the
black ashes and stove contrastier. There's detail in the straight,
unedited scan, but its pretty flat and there's not much going on in those
shadows. Is that the too-dark shadows you were asking about, or is the
stove and burned floorboards too dark to see detail on your screen? If its
just the dark shadows in the building, its intentional, if its the other
stuff....its not :D

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography