Subject: [Leica] On Topic Dog wins first military Certificate of Heroism
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 05:34:26 -0400

Layka, pronounced "Leica" is going to be the first American military dog to
win an official bravery certificate for its actions in Afghanistan or
anywhere.
It's looks to me just like a German Shepard but is a Belgian Malinois.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Malinois)
http://www.tpr.org/news/2012/09/news12091205.html

A rare honor for dogs:

" Dogs typically only receive honorary decorations; official certificates
are reserved for the human team member. This Certificate of Heroism could
change the landscape of how working dogs like Layka are honored. Military
leaders may request that it be recognized by the Department of Defense, and
a memorial is in the works for dogs who have died in the line of duty."

I also think that dogs are going to be allowed to go to heaven right now
when they die. As many humans have complained that that not being the case
there'd be no point in going there in the first place.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] On Topic Dog wins first military Certificate of Heroism)