Subject: [Leica] John Coltrane's Boyhood Home
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:58:18 +0530

That whole album is incredible - the sheer energy of his duet with
Elvin Jones (Chasing the Trane) is unbelievable. I just like the live
version of that album better - which is the first Village Vanguard
album. If you like Dolphy, it is worth searching out his live albums
from Europe with the peerless Charles Mingus, recorded shortly before
his death in 1964 - especially the "Town Hall" and "At Antibes"
albums. Dolphy's style and tone seems to perfectly complement Mingus'
compositions.
Cheers
Jayanand