Subject: [Leica] PESO: Fried bubble gum
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 19:44:07 -0500

This sort of lighting situation drives me nuts. Trying to get all of the
elements there with some richness to the grays. But to keep her in the
scene, you can't darken the background or increase contrast.

I like the subject matter (and suspect that the subject was ordering a
funnel cake...yummy), but the profusion of light grays gives me a Verichrome
Pan flashback. ;-)  That said, I love the string of Mamiya TLR silver halide
images you've given us of late. I had a C330 back in the early 70's, but
could NOT use it for street photography. It was just too big, heavy, and
awkward, even with the grip attached. I have since gotten a few Rolleiflex
TLRs, and they are equally a killer for SP, at least for me. I even
convinced myself that Daniel Ridings' great TLR shots were possible because
the sun was so muted at his latitudes.

Regards,

Jeffery
Jeffery Smith