Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Freelance Salvage in Jersey City
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 18:42:48 -0400

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM,  <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:
> And so don't leave us hanging? Were they good guys just doing a job?  OR?

They were doing a very workmanlike job...  which we eventually learned
was completely unauthorized by the site owner.

When we looked back out the window later, the guys, their pickup
truck, and all the police were gone... but the carefully trimmed
now-scrap beam sections had been unloaded back onto the ground inside
the lot and the fence closed back up.

We're waiting to see if those pieces mysteriously disappear in the
coming days or nights.

-Jeff