Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Freelance Salvage in Jersey City
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:45:08 -0400

So, a few weeks ago Kath told this funny story about seeing a couple
of guys in the 110 First construction lot, cutting the beams left
there to size and loading them in a pickup. They took a few days to
finish the project. For the longest time she didn't really notice
them. They had hard hats and work gloves and work boots, and they were
working methodically and with no sign of self-consciousness, so of
course they were supposed to be there doing a job, right?

It eventually occurred to her that maybe they weren't. She (and
everyone she told the story to) kind of admired their style.

This morning they appeared right below our window. "Hey, it's those
dudes! The ones with the hard hats and the torch and the pickup
truck!" exclaimed Kath.

I took some pictures.

If you crave Leica content: they're with a 180mm APO-Elmarit-R on an
Olympus OM-D E-M5.  But I'm not recommending  these as examples of
stunning optical quality, taken as they were through a window, and in
some cases heavily cropped.  But it's an entertaining little story as
it unfolds, I think.

To view them in sequence, as the story unfolds, on a nice black
background - start here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/7858794296/in/set-72157631240860160/lightbox/

The Flickr set page is here:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/sets/72157631240860160/with/7858794296/