Subject: [Leica] TECHNICAL QUESTION?????????
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:41:24 -0700

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssshhhhhhhh Mark old buddy, longtime friend.

I didn't want to cause you so much stress, certainly in your dreams. :-( And
certainly not in the middle of Times Square! :-)

The bottom-line of all this has been discussed behind the scenes in greater
depth and it really comes down to "ALL ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY!"  And not how to
use an iphone/cellphone or any other electronic gadget of similar name of
the day.

It's really all about "when using one of these machines in ... HOW TO,
"TAKE GOOD PICTURES WITH THEM !"  Rather than just snap & grab wrong
lighting and or whatever things a rookie might do with absolutely no idea of
good, bad or ugly photography?

Actually it could be considered similarly to a well healed rookie who bought
a "LEICA S2 or M9!" But with no knowledge of what aspects make interesting
photographs. So we are looking at teaching a "PHONE USING PERSON" WHAT MAKES
INTERESTING PHOTOGRAPHS! WITH AN IPHONE OR OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICE FOR
CAPTURING IMAGES. That is in the world of today and these amazing new
gadgets of capturing abilities.

I suppose,  Using  a, "PHONE-CAMERA. -- Basic photography! Good, bad and
ugly!" could be the title? Compared to what we as photographers would
consider a .... "real camera!" LEICA OR OTHERWISE IN THE SENSE OF "REAL
CAMERAS?"

My part in this was / is to see just what can be done with these new
machines, if and when someone has a knowledge of photography first. And what
can be accomplished with an "iphone-whatever you wish to call them? However
with a good back ground in photography?"

We just wanted to start out with the best "phone-camera" prospect possible
and have a bit of an edge for quality of photo results. And that was the
bottomline to the earlier request.

Sorry I didn't mean to give you bad dreams! :-) And I do trust I have
explained this situation somewhat clearer? Now don't go near Times Square
before you take two pills and call me in the morning! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)