Subject: [Leica] M9 firmware update and 3rd party batteries
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 07:35:44 -0500
References: <CAFuU78fDnU8PVFgH8nwKsFzEPm77vU_-0H9LHiG50txY9EJS+A@mail.gmail.com> <49E2D15BD1AA4D48A162CFF52611D9AD@billHP> <CAFuU78exZ+hBLfzQNZUU8OKZY5En01KUfSgxYtpt-h_ML9na+A@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF79qP_Q=f7yGNs1Ybdg2L_W1pT9KjB=htciJbXX2ChbMg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFuU78dFW1dGcr8zKNnryhh-DmaMGjiX7ZN28QhCAjpx1=+jYw@mail.gmail.com> <001401cd7471$899a7520$9ccf5f60$@chiaroscuro.co.nz> <CAFuU78cemyALSTc3zXPpV8-DHuxPzg8+nRTuwfJzMSUBBjnjiQ@mail.gmail.com>

Lew, the only issues I've faced with third party batteries is that some
will not charge in the new M9 charger.

It gives an error, and refuses to try to charge them.   Those may be the
same ones that seemed to not hold a charge with my M8, but I cannot give it
a try, as I no longer have the M8 charger.

The short ending to the story is that I'm using only Leica batteries, and
have had no issues since I got the camera, and since I made the firmware
upgrade.

--
Regards,

Sonny