Subject: [Leica] SO YOU WANT TO COVER THE OLYMPICS????? :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:10:30 -0700

R. Clayton McKee OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] SO YOU WANT TO COVER THE OLYMPICS????? :-)

> As I said earlier, of all the international games I've covered, this is
> one
> I don't feel the least bit bad about not being over there!

Even on my good days I don't shoot sports.<<
Being in there would not EVER count as a good day.<<<<<<<<

Hi Clayton
Actually it can be the most exhilarating photo experience one can have. Yep
always a challenge in catching the peak moment of action, certainly when one
is using Leica gear manual focus!!! :-)

Not the super auto everything machines the guys and gals play with today. Oh
yeah and most of them machine gun every shot! And still miss the peak
moments!

One can have a day of lightening speed re-action time of clicking the
shutter, capturing that one clear champion moment of winning whatever sport
it maybe. And your heart is pounding with such excitement it's truly quite
an amazing feeling! Man it makes you feel so electrifyingly wonderful! :-)

And a near want to shoot yerself the next day because your timing is off so
bad you almost want to cover Archery and make yourself the target to get
over your misery of "blowing it simply because?" You were off one blink of
your eye! :-(

Instead of just instinct re-action in clicking the shutter, you for a stupid
inane moment let yourself "THINK ABOUT THE ACTION!" One should never think
about shooting......... simply because it's all about instinct re-action
without thought! Think about it even for the tiniest milli-second and you'll
miss it!

Other than that, there are always neat little friendly parties and meeting a
buddy you haven't seen in the past 4 years since the last games. :-) But
this one? Already "pain in the ass" stories are emerging! :-(

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] SO YOU WANT TO COVER THE OLYMPICS????? :-))
Message from rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] SO YOU WANT TO COVER THE OLYMPICS????? :-))