Subject: [Leica] A new M from Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:19:30 -0400

Who me?
I think the mirrorless idea is pretty elegant.
I've seen the Leica D lux in action and I was impressed. I clicked a few
myself. The sensor a bit on the small side for me to put in mildly for me to
spend the money on one.
The mirrorless versions coming out of Olympus, Panasonic, Sony and Nikon,
all have smaller still sensors. The only one with a sensor this big (1.5) is
the Sony NEX. I'm of course really waiting for a full frame sensor on a
mirrorless body. But this one is supporting such a very small body seems
like a good deal for me for under $800.
When I woke up at 4AM to take a pee I'd have the camera with me in the side
pocket of my long underwear.

I like the Speedlight 90EX ($150) for it.
And I'm not ashamed to say at all that I like the idea of shooting movies
with it. SOUND!

When that full frame mirrorless comes out with a Leica M adaptor I'll really
be looking at it as of course I'd like to get my Leica glass going again and
I need a price point way lower than Leica is about to give me.

But I'm looking long and hard at the Leica X2.
The camera is simply gorgeous.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography